Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What this blog is about

Hi there,

I'm Andrea, Baker by name, but not by trade.  I'm an average married gal living what I think is an above average life.  While nothing spectacular happens on a daily basis, I find happiness in every day from the moment I wake up.

The reason for this blog...well, I love a lot of things...matter of fact, most people know I'm pretty serious when "I love the shit out of that shit" (excuse the language, but it's a common phrase for me).  Above many things I love photography, and food.  While this blog will have NOTHING to do with my photography business, I am a food photo junkie.  I'm also a pho junkie, a coffee junkie, and a going out to eat with any little excuse I can make junkalicious little machine!

That said, I have found MUCH joy in traveling to eat.  I do try to stay on the healthier side of things at home, however, I love to eat when I travel and love to travel to eat. My husband and I don't necessarily see eye to eye on this, but hey...having everything in common would be boring as hell.  Along those lines, this blog isn't up for discussion...I'm not trying to cause argument, I don't want a huge GMO debate or some debacle over whether or not a restaurant is truly gluten free, etc etc etc.  I eat food...I don't have food allergies and I don't necessarily try to read every ingredient.  I go on dieting binges often before a trip, but other than that, I just try to be cautious and keep in mind my portions, and for God's sake ENJOY WHAT I CONSUME!

I may post some recipes that I conjure up, or possibly some local (Thurston County-ish, WA) foods that I consume, but mostly I want to share my joy!  I want to share my experience and possibly inspire others to be healthy but also enjoy food when they can.  Go out and splurge once in a while...it's okay, I promise.  You will have no idea how fun it is to drive somewhere eight or more hours away solely to eat their cheesy grits until you try it.

This isn't a health food blog, but a food blog...some of which will be healthy...some of which might stir up thoughts and ideas...some of which might be delicious cheesy baked macaroni and cheese...one thing I promise, I'll keep it as interesting as possible.


Cheers,
Andrea Baker

2 comments: