Thursday, May 29, 2014

THE OLY CLUB

My sweet friend, Stefanie sent me a photo 6 or so days ago of a delicious sounding macaroni and cheese at the Oly Club in Centralia, WA. It was made with Bleu Cheese and Sriracha (and I love everything made with Sriracha). I could not get this stuff off my mind so I finally broke down and went.

Our waiter, Lazlo, was awesome. He used the word "groovy" multiple times which made me happy right away. First, I wanted cider...they don't have my usual Angry Orchard so I got their house Cherry...Which was amazeballs! Then when he took our order I explained that I had this mac n cheese on the mind and I NEEDED it. Oddly...he didn't recommed it, he recommend their usual baked mac n cheese. I was SO disappointed because I never will go against what a waiter says. If they have seen it sent back multiple times, it's not worth getting. So, I went with some cajun tots and the usual mac n cheese...excuse me, penne and cheese. Mac n cheese is made with macaroni noodles.  My friend, Jayme ordered a Cuban sandwich with a side salad and helped me eat some of the cajun tots. Their cajun tots are amazing and totally worth the splurge. I didn't try any of Jayme's meal, however, her salad had pickled onions on it, which totally disgused me, but good to know for future purchase...and the sandwich was spicy but tasty according to her. The penne and cheese was average, yummy but lacking spice...and quite franky...I have yet to taste a mac n cheese dish that beats mine (insert pat on the back here).

All in all, a great experience, but still disappointed the bleu cheese mac wasn't highly recommended by staff.  Maybe I will try to make one at home and see how it goes :-)  anyhow, services gets an A and food gets a B from me :-)

Cheers,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment